What is Life?
Date: 22nd April 2007, Sunday
Mood: Restless....

Once, I was asked: how would I do life? At that time, I was a youthful University graduate and I replied: to work hard and reach the top. As years go by, I realized that it is not me who “does” life but it is life that “does” me.
On many textbooks and the moral books of the world, one would equate: work hard and be honest will gain you the recognition of people and ultimately position, power and respect. However, life and the world will throw many anomalies that will make a basically good and moral person cry. Do I then lose hope or do I still stand my ground on what I believe is good and right despite the circumstances? It is only through those episodes that I realize that I now have new dimensions and depth to what I believe and stand for, and how I think and act.
The term “refining fire” is an oxymoron as fire is often associated with unruly destruction and anger. To refine is to demand discipline and to add value. Thus, I can only sum up that such is life: an oxymoron .... but don't lose hope.
Hakone

Mood: Restless....

Once, I was asked: how would I do life? At that time, I was a youthful University graduate and I replied: to work hard and reach the top. As years go by, I realized that it is not me who “does” life but it is life that “does” me.
On many textbooks and the moral books of the world, one would equate: work hard and be honest will gain you the recognition of people and ultimately position, power and respect. However, life and the world will throw many anomalies that will make a basically good and moral person cry. Do I then lose hope or do I still stand my ground on what I believe is good and right despite the circumstances? It is only through those episodes that I realize that I now have new dimensions and depth to what I believe and stand for, and how I think and act.
The term “refining fire” is an oxymoron as fire is often associated with unruly destruction and anger. To refine is to demand discipline and to add value. Thus, I can only sum up that such is life: an oxymoron .... but don't lose hope.
Hakone
Nomadic Rantings:
Helen Keller
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home