The Rocky Rural Road of Life
Date: 25th September 2006, Monday
Mood: Rocking On

During my bouts of philosophical pondering, especially when I'm riding my bicycle to school, I can't help but compare the roads that I travel to life in general.
Sometimes, you just need to travel on the most unexpected roads to get to where you need to go. Like the infamous bumpy road that I have to travel below. It's full of pot holes and it's surrounded by rice paddy fields. Straight as an arrow but bumpy as an undeveloped country road. At times, I will catch a glimpse of a yabby making it's way across or an exotic frog prancing around.
Similarly, you may know the end game of that phase in life but nevertheless, it will have many bumps along the way. But you still need to ride on it to get to your final destination. However, don't just keep your eyes on the pot holes or else you'll end up riding the bicycle like a true drunk wobbling on his or her's last legs, but on the horizon ahead.
Enjoy the different sort of scenarios or phases that life brings whether it is planting or harvesting season. Enjoy the various people that you meet along the way. The unusual yabby that is definitely not meant to be part of this environment. Or the prancing exotic frog who brings a sense of wonder. Or the yapping pretty dogs that take their morning walks.
And finally, take good care of your bicycle or your heart. For it is on that bicycle that will make the journey on that road a lot easier. Take heart. Rain, shine, thunder storms or even snow. Enjoy and keep riding ahead. We all need to still get from destination A to destination B. It all depends on how you view the road that you're on.
The Infamous Bumpy Road to School

Mood: Rocking On

During my bouts of philosophical pondering, especially when I'm riding my bicycle to school, I can't help but compare the roads that I travel to life in general.
Sometimes, you just need to travel on the most unexpected roads to get to where you need to go. Like the infamous bumpy road that I have to travel below. It's full of pot holes and it's surrounded by rice paddy fields. Straight as an arrow but bumpy as an undeveloped country road. At times, I will catch a glimpse of a yabby making it's way across or an exotic frog prancing around.
Similarly, you may know the end game of that phase in life but nevertheless, it will have many bumps along the way. But you still need to ride on it to get to your final destination. However, don't just keep your eyes on the pot holes or else you'll end up riding the bicycle like a true drunk wobbling on his or her's last legs, but on the horizon ahead.
Enjoy the different sort of scenarios or phases that life brings whether it is planting or harvesting season. Enjoy the various people that you meet along the way. The unusual yabby that is definitely not meant to be part of this environment. Or the prancing exotic frog who brings a sense of wonder. Or the yapping pretty dogs that take their morning walks.
And finally, take good care of your bicycle or your heart. For it is on that bicycle that will make the journey on that road a lot easier. Take heart. Rain, shine, thunder storms or even snow. Enjoy and keep riding ahead. We all need to still get from destination A to destination B. It all depends on how you view the road that you're on.
The Infamous Bumpy Road to School

Nomadic Rantings:
I no naka no kawazu taikai o shirazu.
Literally: A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
Meaning: People are satisfied to judge things by their own narrow experience, never knowing of the wide world outside.


6 Comments:
The bumpy, lumpy road to school looks nice (as in Tassie nice). Man, so many frogs! Eeek! Are they cute? Do they look yummy?
I dunno about yummy.... But I also have spiders from hell....
Very philosophical.....
The grass is also greener on the other side...
Just make sure you eat frog legs soup or congee if you happen to catch them...
Steve Irwin is probably lookin down from heaven and wondering what the fuss is all about. Yummy frogs and spiders from hell? .....Crikey!
whoa! remember the spiders at Tucker? GAAAAK!
Haha. Cooking frog legs should be interesting especially when I had difficulties during biology classes and killing live insects, frogs etc!
Post a Comment
<< Home